Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!!!

Time management is crucial to my success this week.

I have a wedding which includes a 3 tier bride's cake, a doughnut cake a la The Simpson's doughnut and a dozen cupcakes on Saturday. Did I mention that I'm starting nursing school? I have the NLN which is a nursing entrance exam that morning in Pensacola and the wedding is in Ocean Springs, MS!

I have a 3 tier topsy turvy graduation cake due Sunday.

I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but when you're watching a toddler while you're preparing all these sweets, it seems overwhelming. I'm thinking of a babysitter on Friday.

In "Lydia" news...she finally got the final list of flowers from the florist and decided that she wanted a small cluster of flowers on the cake instead of the single bloom. So, I changed the single bloom to an oversized dark purple cornflower and added some white freesia with dark purple centers, green berries and some greenery. I also changed the piping along the top to match the embroidery on her dress. I'm still waiting to hear back from her about the design but I hope she likes it.

I've been sketching for the majority of the afternoon to get some other sketches out of the way. I'll post those later. One is for a topsy-turvy baby shower cake, an elegant anenome cake for a wedding professionals luncheon and the other is for a local elevator union picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment