I thought I'd post the sketches I finished today to prove that I was acually working.
This first sketch is for the woman I met with last Saturday. Her wedding is going to be gorgeous. She's having kind of an art deco meets moroccan jewls tones theme. She was very insistant on only having 3 tiers but for the number of servings she needed, I had to make the tiers super deep and a double tier in one instance. The entire cake is buttercream on the outside with white piping along the top and 3 white fondant ribbons around different parts of the cake. The flower is a giant deep purple anemone. I don't think they actually come in that color, but it matched the theme of her wedding and gave the cake a beautiful focal point.

Don't pay any attention to the color of the 4th tier of this cake. I accidently grabbed the wrong colored pencil then I tried to fix it then tried to erase it and it just didn't work out. Oh, and forget about the fact that it looks like it's leaning. Hopefully it won't lean in real life. Anyway, the bride wanted a cake that looked like a huge wedding cake even though it really wasn't. Well, it is, but it only serves 125 and the top tier is for them to save. Each tier is covered in periwinkle blue buttercream with swirley piped pearls and there is a white ribbon around the bottom of each tier. Each tier is set on a riser that is decorated with white chocolate starfish and there's a white monogram on the center tier to finish it off.

This cake is for a friend's niece's graduation. The gray parts will actually be super sparkly like disco balls. This one will be a lot of fun to make.

No comments:
Post a Comment